Tobacco Cessation Programs
Company-recognized tobacco cessation programs vary based upon available resources in your area. You can find information on programs through the following resources:
- Your CenturyLink wellness program administered by the medical plan administrators.
United HealthCare (UHC) & Highmark BlueCross/BlueShield
- The QuitPower Program — This program comes at no additional cost to you as part of your benefits. This Quit Power Program gives you one-to-one help from a personal QuitPower coach.
Your coach may help you:
- Set a quit date
- Create a personal action plan to help you reach your goals
- Access up to 8 weeks of the nicotine patch or gum at no addition cost to you
- Plan for the challenges you will face while quitting
- Find was to overcome cravings
- Manage your stress to help make quitting easier
- Get access to additional tools and resources
- Highmark BlueCross/Blueshield
- Telephonic Smokeless® is a one-year telephone-based program with two to five scheduled phone calls conducted by a professional tobacco cessation specialist who helps guide participants through the process of quitting tobacco at no cost. Participants also receive a self-study toolkit when enrolled in Smokeless. Call 1.800.345.2476 to enroll.
- The American Lung Association offers a free online smoking cessation program called “Freedom From Smoking.” Links on their website include an Action Plan and resources that can be ordered.
- The Quit For Life® program, brought to you by The American Cancer Society and Alere Wellbeing, Inc., helps you tailor a quit plan with a Quit Coach® while offering free 8 weeks of Nicotine Replacement Therapy and telephonic coaching calls. For More information please call 1.866.784.8454 or visit www.quitnow.net/centurylink. Registration and Quit Coaches are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- A tobacco cessation program developed by the smoker’s personal physician.
You are responsible for any costs associated with a smoking cessation program or for any items that may help you or a family member to stop using tobacco products.
Who does this apply to?
- The tobacco-free discount applies to all U.S.-based CenturyLink benefit-eligible employees.
The Company offers a 7.5 percent tobacco-free discount off the cost of medical premiums deductions if you and your eligible dependents covered under CenturyLink Health Care Plan do not use smoking/tobacco products or are actively trying to quit. You qualify for the discount if:
- You are enrolled in a CenturyLink medical plan
- There are no smokers or tobacco users covered on your medical plan
- All smokers/tobacco users covered on your medical plan are enrolled in a Company-recognized tobacco cessation program
Once all three requirements are met, you qualify to apply for the tobacco-free discount as a Qualified Life Event. Contact the CenturyLink Service Center at www.centurylinkhealthandlife.com or 1.800.729.7526 in order to change your tobacco use status and apply for the tobacco-free discount.